Antifreeze principle of fiber laser cutting machine
Liquids all have a "freezing point". When the temperature of the liquid is lower than the "freezing point" temperature, it will solidify to form a solid. After the water solidifies, the volume will increase, which will cause the laser and the internal pipeline of the water cooling system to rupture or deform. If the cold water pipe is ruptured and started up, it may cause the coolant to overflow and cause damage to related core components. In order to avoid unnecessary losses, be sure to take proper antifreeze measures.
>>>> Suitable for situations where fiber lasers are frequently used and need to run continuously
Recommended use: Clariant industrial grade antifreeze (model: Antifrogen N, glycol-water type, industrial supplies, toxic to human body). The used volume accounts for 10% -20% of the volume of the water tank and cannot exceed 20%.
Note: The use of propylene glycol-water type (edible grade) is prohibited!
>>>> Applicable to the case where the fiber laser does not need continuous operation. The power laser only needs to keep the chiller running at night without powering on; the high-power laser (maximum power above 2000W) 24V remains on to ensure that the coolant is in a circulating state. And the temperature is not lower than the freezing point.
Install air-conditioning or heating facilities to keep the ambient temperature around 10 degrees Celsius.
Run the refrigerator 24 hours, the water will not freeze under the state of circulating flow.
Add ethylene glycol antifreeze to the water tank to prevent freezing. Its ice changes with the concentration of ethylene glycol in the aqueous solution.
When the fiber laser cutting machine is not used for a long time or the power is off, the water in the water tank of the refrigerator must be drained.
Laser water cooler and water tank main drainage parts: water tank, pipeline, pump head, filter, deionization tank (optional accessory)
1. Disconnect the power to the equipment involved in the drainage.
2. Water tank drainage method: Open the drain valve (or drain plug) at the bottom of the water tank to drain the water from the water tank. If necessary, you can tilt the water cooler to a certain angle to make the drainage more clean.
3. Drainage in pipelines and lasers: Unplug the four-way water pipes first, and then blow compressed air from the drainage inlet and outlet of the pipelines for 1 minute respectively to force the water stored in the pipelines back to the water tank to drain water from the water tank's drain port.
4. Unscrew the filter element in the refrigerator and drain the water in the filter element.
5. Open the water tank cover and observe whether there is still water left in the water tank (you can use compressed air to connect the water supply port to blow back again, and force the residual water in the pipeline, the laser (tube), and the pump back to the water tank, and then discharge it from the water tank drain port) If available, tilt the chiller slightly to allow the water to drain or dry it with a dry towel.
6. Drain the pump head: Unscrew the drain screw under the pump to drain the water in the pump. It is best to blow out the residual water on the pump head with compressed air, and then tighten the drain screw.
7. Drainage of filter and deionization tank: Open the drain valve of the filter, the deionization tank or the plexiglass shell to remove the residual water.
Conditions and methods for adding antifreeze to cooling water
1. Name: Antifreeze glycol (also known as glycol), which can be purchased at your local hardware and chemical store, and also online, but there are restrictions on liquid transportation.
2. The ratio with deionized water is at least about 30% and preferably 50%, (70% of water, 30% of ethylene glycol)
3. Be sure to add the ambient temperature below zero degrees (inclusive).
4. Glycol is not equal to ethanol (alcohol), please distinguish it.
▶ Excessive gas pressure for drainage may damage the laser. High antifreeze concentration increases water circulation resistance.
▶ All cooling water in the laser, laser output head, processing head and water cooler must be drained cleanly to effectively protect the entire water cooling pipeline and related components.
▶ When unplugging the water pipe, please mark the order of the connectors to prevent them from being reversed during installation.
▶ For chiller, if you need to refill water after returning from vacation, be sure to vent the pump before starting, otherwise the pump will be damaged.
▶ Any antifreeze solution cannot completely replace deionized water, and it cannot be used for a long time all year. After winter, please pay attention to changing back to normal cooling water, and then clean the pipeline with deionized water or purified water, remove the antifreeze, and resume using deionized water or purified water as the coolant.
The above is the anti-freezing measures of fiber laser cutting machine in winter. Users are requested to master the relevant knowledge to add the warmth of winter to their equipment! If you need to repair or replace the laser equipment accessories during the use process, or you have any questions about the above, please call Han's Songgu Laser Equipment Service Hotline: 0512-8882 8999 for consultation.